What is GREAT
The GREAT Association is an International Network between experts operating in the management of acute clinical conditions.
Our aim is to build a new way in doing research through the concept of translational medicine. This is the emerging view of medical practice and interventional epidemiology. It integrates research inputs from basic sciences and political sciences to optimize both patient care and preventive measures which may extend beyond the provision of healthcare services.
Moreover, one of the main objectives of our Association is to standardize the clinical and organizational system approach in acute conditions disease management all over the world, with the concept of globalization medicine.
Main objectives of the Network:
- teaching to young doctors to develop competencies to recognise and manage acute ill patients
- encouraging young doctors on doing research on acute conditions through the concept of Translational Medicine
- standardizing the clinical and organizational system approach in acute conditions disease management all over the world, with the concept of globalization medicine
- cooperating with the National Health Commissions, to adopt standards for the management of acute conditions
- carrying out clinical trials relating to acute diseases
GREAT SCIENTIFIC COMMITTEE
Prof. Christian Müller
GREAT NETWORK PRESIDENT
Full Professor of Cardiology, Faculty of Medicine
Director of the Cardiovascular Research Institute Basel (CRIB)
University Hospital Basel, Switzerland.
Prof. Alexandre Mebazaa
GREAT NETWORK VICE PRESIDENT
M.D., Ph.D., Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine University of Paris Diderot.
Curriculum Vitae ⇓
Prof. Salvatore Di Somma
GREAT NETWORK PAST PRESIDENT
M.D., Ph.D. Emergency Medicine Department of Medical-Surgery Sciences and Traslational Medicine, University La Sapienza.
Curriculum Vitae ⇓